…TO PROVIDE SAFE, ECONOMICALLY SOUND, COMPETITIVE FINANCIAL SERVICES TO MEET THE NEEDS OF MEMBERS IN AN EFFICIENT, CONVENIENT AND PERSONALIZED MANNER.
A Unique Financial Institution- The Credit Union Difference
Welcome to the Greater Cincinnati Credit Union, we’re glad you’re here. We are a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative institution PROUDLY serving families, students, alumni and other sponsoring organizations in the Greater Cincinnati area since 1935. We don’t use the phrase Member-Owned lightly. In fact we take it very seriously. Unlike banks who are owned by stockholders and controlled by paid director positions, we are owned by you, the MEMBER. We are governed by a 100% volunteer Board of Directors who are comprised of Greater Cincinnati Credit Union members, just like you.
We offer a broad range of financial products and services to our members. With the Credit Union you are more than a faceless number on a spreadsheet. Our goal is to provide friendly personalized service to each and every member alike.
Members enjoy competitive Rates on Investment Accounts and Loans, new product and service offerings, four convenient branch locations, and a nationwide non-surcharge ATM network. We believe once you get to know the Credit Union, you’ll never need another banking relationship.
The Credit Union was organized and chartered by the State of Ohio on January 23, 1935 and received the sixty-ninth charter issued by the State of Ohio. The original name of the Credit Union was Cincinnati Teachers Association Credit Union. The name was changed in 1939 to Cincinnati Public School Employees Credit Union, Inc., then changed in 1988 to Greater Cincinnati School Employees Credit Union, Inc. and then again in 2002 to Greater Cincinnati Credit Union.
The first President was Raymond T. Fell who served in the capacity for 25 years (1935 – 60) until he retired in 1960. The person most responsible for the Credit Union’s growth was Clyde A. Hall, who was elected Treasurer in 1945. Mr. Hall served as Treasurer for 33 years and made many improvements to the services and facilities of the Credit Union. Mr. Hall retired from the Credit Union in 1978, but continued to serve as our Ex-officio member of the Board until his untimely passing in January, 1982. The oil portrait of Mr. Hall hanging at the main office was painted by Wylie Ferguson and donated to the Credit Union at the 1983 Annual Meeting.
The Credit Union’s first office was located in Room 14 in the basement of Hughes High School on Clifton Ave. The Credit Union purchased the Mohawk Savings and Loan Building on Central Parkway during July, 1971 which was expanded and remodeled in 1981. The Credit Union moved to its headquarters to the Central Parkway location in November, 1987. When Central Parkway closed in November, 2016, our headquarters were officially moved to the Silverton office location.
A countless number of volunteer Board Members, management, staff and community sponsor organizations have contributed to our continued growth and success. Thank You!
Other Notable Dates in GCCU History:
- The Blue Ash Branch Operation was opened in January 1992.
- The Credit Union purchased an old BP Gas Station at the corner of Werk and Glenmore. It was completely renovated and a Westwood Branch opened in November 1993.
- The Credit Union leased the corner of Edwards and Markbreit and opened the Hyde Park/Oakley Branch in February, 1996.
- Then the Credit Union completed its first merger with North College Hill Community Credit Union on September 1, 1998 which provided us with a new location at 6828 Hamilton Avenue.
- The Blue Ash Branch closed in December 1998 due to diminished use.
- A combined auto leasing and branch operation center opened on Colerain Ave. in Northgate in August 2002.
- The Credit Union merged the Big 4 Credit Union and opened the Mason branch on Mason-Montgomery Road in August 2005.
- Moved our NCH branch across the street to a new building at 6899 Hamilton Ave. in September 2006.
- The Northgate branch closed in August 2008.
- The Hyde Park/Oakley branch closed and was relocated to Silverton in March 2011.
- The Central Parkway branch closed in November 2016.
- Website 3.0, a more modern and user friendly site, launched May 2017
- Brand NEW Tellie Online & Mobile App offering modern banking conveniences launched January 24, 2018
We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
Greater Cincinnati Credit Union | All Rights Reserved. | Copyright 2017 | PRIVACY AND DISCLOSURES | Designed by Zoozler